Vail Daily obituary: Holcomb Bibb Latting Jr.
August 9, 2014
Holcomb B. Latting Jr., 93, died peacefully on Aug. 1 at the Sacred Heart Hospital in Miramar Beach, Fla.
"H.B" was born in Plant City, Fla., on Feb. 21, 1921. He was educated in the public school system in Tulsa, Oklahoma. After his graduation from Central High School, he attended Oklahoma State University, where he was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.
With the advent of World War II, he attended the Spartan School of Aeronautics where he earned a degree in aeronautical engineering. He then served as a captain and pilot in the U.S. Air Force during the war. He married Dr. June (Robertson) Trowbridge, of Broken Arrow, in 1948.
He started his long career with Douglas Aircraft Co. working at their plant in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and at the same time finishing his interrupted law degree at the University of Tulsa night school, earning his JD degree there in 1950.
Later he was transferred to the company's operations in California, where he became president of Douglas Real Estate Co. He retired from the McDonnell Douglas Co. in 1986.
He is survived by a son, Holcomb Bibb Latting III, of Fort Walton Beach, Florida, a daughter, Kay (Trowbridge) Guffey and a grandson, Will Guffey, of Eagle, and a sister, Virginia (Latting) Bayless, of London.
Expressions of sympathy may be viewed or submitted online at http://www.Twincities cremationsfunerals.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours