Vail Daily obituary: Ines W. Distelhorst
May 3, 2013
Dr. Ines W. Distelhorst, 88, died peacefully at her home in East Vail on Friday.
She was born and raised in Glauchau, Germany, a small town near Dresden, and later completed her dental education in Hamburg, Germany. She met her husband while working as a contract dentist for a military dental facility at Bad Aibling near Munich.
In 1974, she moved to East Vail, where she lived with her daughter and husband. She is survived by her sister Ellen Romstedt, of Geneva, Switzerland; her husband, Dr. Fred Distelhorst, who had his orthodontic practice in East Vail for 35 years; her daughter, Dr. Dorothy Distelhorst, who presently has her dental practice in East Vail; two granddaughters, 20-year-old Cynthia, who is a pre-veterinary student at St. Michael's College in Burlington, Vt., and 18-year-old Ellen, who is a senior at Vail Mountain School; and her son-in-law Karl Edgerton, who is owner of Mountain Valley Property Management.
A memorial celebration is being planned for later this summer.
Any donations to honor her life can be made to the Vail Valley Medical Center, P.O. Box 1529, Vail, CO 81657, phone 970-477-5177.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1