Vail Daily obituary: Ines W. Distelhorst
May 3, 2013
Dr. Ines W. Distelhorst, 88, died peacefully at her home in East Vail on Friday.
She was born and raised in Glauchau, Germany, a small town near Dresden, and later completed her dental education in Hamburg, Germany. She met her husband while working as a contract dentist for a military dental facility at Bad Aibling near Munich.
In 1974, she moved to East Vail, where she lived with her daughter and husband. She is survived by her sister Ellen Romstedt, of Geneva, Switzerland; her husband, Dr. Fred Distelhorst, who had his orthodontic practice in East Vail for 35 years; her daughter, Dr. Dorothy Distelhorst, who presently has her dental practice in East Vail; two granddaughters, 20-year-old Cynthia, who is a pre-veterinary student at St. Michael's College in Burlington, Vt., and 18-year-old Ellen, who is a senior at Vail Mountain School; and her son-in-law Karl Edgerton, who is owner of Mountain Valley Property Management.
A memorial celebration is being planned for later this summer.
Any donations to honor her life can be made to the Vail Valley Medical Center, P.O. Box 1529, Vail, CO 81657, phone 970-477-5177.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks