Vail Daily obituary: Isaac Renner, 1925-2013
October 31, 2013
Isaac Renner, 88, of Minturn, since 1950, passed away on Oct. 29. He was born on Jan. 14, 1925, in Torres to Edward and Bernice (Fresquez) Renner. On Feb. 11, 1946, he married Frances P. (Martinez) Renner in Creede.
Renner served in the United States Army during World War II. After returning from the war, he went to work at the New Jersey Zinc Mine in Gilman. He enjoyed hunting and watching old Westerns and Army movies. He loved spending time with his family, going on walks with his grandchildren, reading to them and telling them stories. He truly loved his wife Frances. They had been married nearly 67 years.
Renner is survived by his wife, Frances; daughter Donna and husband Arturo Chavez, Sr.; son Lawrence Renner; grandchildren Judy Lujan, Julie Martinez, Michael Martinez and Jeannie Lucero, Daniel and wife Danielle Renner, Arturo Chavez, Jr. and wife Jenny, Annette Chavez and David Zoller, Delicia Chavez and Ross Mondragon; 14 great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren and many brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and children Brian Renner and Barbara Martinez.
A visitation will be held today at St. Patrick's Parish Church in Minturn from 7 to 7:30 p.m. with a rosary service beginning at 7:30 p.m. A Christian Mass and burial will be held on Saturday at St. Patrick's Parish Church at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Jim Baird as celebrant. The burial will follow at Riverview Cemetery in Minturn with a reception to follow at the St. Patrick's Spirit Center. Bailey-Kent Funeral Home, of Leadville, is assisting the family with arrangements. To leave a condolence for the family, please visit http://www.baileykent funeralhome.com.
Contributions may be made to the Isaac Renner Memorial Account at any 1st Bank location.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Toughill memorial service notice
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations