Vail Daily obituary: James Bain, 1935-2012
October 5, 2012
James Bain, 77, owner and president of Bain Builders Inc. of Eagle County, died Wednesday following a courageous battle with cancer at home surrounded by friends and family.
He was born in 1935 in the city of Cleveland, Ohio, to the late James and Marie Bain. He was a general contractor in Miami as well as here in Eagle County for 55 years. He actively served his community here in Vail and in Florida. He never met anybody that wasn’t a friend. He always had a story or a joke to tell. He loved to travel in his motor home and play golf.
He’s survived by his loving wife, Pat, of 56 years; his sons, Bill and Jim; his daughter Barbara; and cat Ellie.
Funeral services for James Bain will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Patrick’s Church in Minturn. Father Roger Lascelle will officiate. His celebration of life will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Singletree Community Center. All relatives and friends are welcome.
In lieu of flowers, memorial funds have been established in his name at the Shaw Regional Cancer Center, PO Box 1559, Edwards, CO 81632 and Hospice of the Valley, PO Box 1474, Edwards, CO 81632.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Weeding through marijuana: Experts, advocates talk cannabidiol (CBD)
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Cordillera ‘discriminating against addictions,’ federal ADA lawsuit claims