Vail Daily obituary: Janice Cerra, 1955-2013
August 16, 2013
Janice Cerra passed away Aug. 8 surrounded by her loving husband, Tom, her two daughters, Caitlin and Lauren, and her mother, Teresa.
Janice was a resident of the Vail Valley for more than 30 years; her beautiful smile and vibrant personality are known by locals far and wide. She was a woman of many talents, which was reflected in the multiple careers she had while in the valley. She tried her hand in painting and waitressing (known to some as the "singing waitress") before she became an associate broker in real estate with Prudential Colorado Properties.
Janice's talents were not only displayed in the workplace, but in her hobbies as well. In her free time she liked to ski, hike, camp and, back in the day, dance with "West Side Jazz," a Vail dance company. Janice also had an extraordinary musical ability shown by her singing accompanied by her guitar playing. Those who have heard her sing know that she truly had the voice of an angel. Although Janice achieved many wonderful things in her lifetime, she would say that her greatest accomplishment was being a mother to her two beautiful daughters, Caitlin and Lauren.
Janice was the definition of a social butterfly. She had the ability to bring people together effortlessly, particularly during the holidays. Her personality was explosive and contagious to all those around her. People were drawn to her positive energy, which is why she had so many wonderful friends. She was a great cook and knew how to party. Needless to say, she was a shining light in this world that will be sorely missed by all who knew her.
Janice is survived by her husband Tom (TC) of Edwards, her daughter Caitlin, of Boston, her daughter Lauren, of Edwards, her mother, Teresa Conforti (widowed), of Rockville Centre, N.Y., her three brothers, Bob Conforti (Beverly), Jimmy Conforti (Susan) and Paul Conforti (Colleen), all from N.Y., and two sisters, Nancy Kraft (Tim), of Washington, and Jean Monti (Joe), of Pennsylvania.
Mass is being celebrated at Beaver Creek Chapel on Friday at 10 a.m. There will be a reception following mass at Montauk Seafood Grill in Lionshead from noon to 3 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Cancer Care Initiative at Swedish Hospital, Scholarships for Patients Services. Please send contributions to 701 E. Hampden, Suite 225, Englewood, CO 80113.
To send a condolence to the family, please visit http://www.baileykentfuneral home.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past