Vail Daily obituary: Joanne C. Hastings, 1945-2012
September 7, 2012
Joanne C. Hastings, 66, of McCoy, died Aug. 4.
Joanne was born Oct. 27, 1945, in Denver to Hubert and Margaret (Rowan) Cosby and lived her entire life in Colorado in Aurora, McCoy and Cedaredge.
She enjoyed life, her work, Colorado’s mountains, open spaces and her pets, especially her cat, Blaze. She inspired those around her with her strong and positive attitude. She worked as a teacher and social worker in numerous locations around Colorado.
Mrs. Hastings is survived by many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Merrill G. Hastings; and her brother, Fletcher Cosby.
A celebration of life will be announced at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to the Denver Dumb Friends League.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project