Vail Daily obituary: Joanne C. Hastings, 1945-2012
September 7, 2012
Joanne C. Hastings, 66, of McCoy, died Aug. 4.
Joanne was born Oct. 27, 1945, in Denver to Hubert and Margaret (Rowan) Cosby and lived her entire life in Colorado in Aurora, McCoy and Cedaredge.
She enjoyed life, her work, Colorado’s mountains, open spaces and her pets, especially her cat, Blaze. She inspired those around her with her strong and positive attitude. She worked as a teacher and social worker in numerous locations around Colorado.
Mrs. Hastings is survived by many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Merrill G. Hastings; and her brother, Fletcher Cosby.
A celebration of life will be announced at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to the Denver Dumb Friends League.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership