Vail Daily obituary: John Bowman, 1947-2013
April 22, 2013
John Bowman, 65, of Avon, died Thursday.
He was born Oct. 18, 1947 in Richmond, Calif., to Hiram and Geraldine Bowman
He was a tremendous hard worker with a sense of humor to fill the room.
He was a member of the Leadville Elks Lodge No. 0236 and the Knights of Columbus
He is survived by his wife, Cris; daughters Amy Green and husband Kelly, Katie Alexander and husband Charlie, Crisann Harvey and husband Brett, all of Denver, and Michelle Weissman, of Tampa, Fla. He is also survived by nephew Mason Bowman, of Chicago.
He is also survived by grandchildren Morgan and John Green, Page and Jackson Alexander and Isabel, Lola and Otis Harvey; sister Sharon Satchel, of Marysville, Mich.; brothers Peter Bowman, of Malibu, Calif., David Bowman, of Oregon, and Harry Joe Bowman, of Florida; and many friends.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Notre Dame Church in Denver. A memorial service will be at Horan and McConaty in Lakewood from 5-7 p.m. today. Interment will be in Mount Olivet Cemetery in Wheat Ridge following the funeral.
Contributions may be made to The Sheep Heritage Foundation, c/o The American Sheep Industry Association, Inc., 9785 Maroon Circle, Suite 360, Englewood, CO 80112-2692.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride