Vail Daily obituary: John Clement, 1955-2013
November 27, 2013
John B. Clement lost his battle with cancer on Nov. 21 at the University of Colorado.
John was born in Watertown, N.Y., on April 18, 1955. John is preceded in death by his father, John B. Clement, and mother, Phyllis Leonard Clement. John is survived by his wife, Linda (Riden) and buddy Lucy along with his six siblings, Margaret Kelly, of Naples, Fla., Tim and Pam Clement, of Watertown, N.Y., Christine and Carlo LoVecchio, of Estero, Fla., Peter and Zina Clement, of St. Cloud, Fla., Mary Jane Peterson, of Eagle, James Clement, of Estero, Fla., as well as many nieces and nephews and devoted friends.
John moved to Colorado in 1981 and built custom homes with his stepfather, Ivan Kokes, until going out on his own in 1990. John and Linda were married in 1991 and living in Eagle Ranch. John loved living in Colorado for all that it had to offer, particularly the great outdoors. He also enjoyed the times he was able to go on fishing trips to Alaska and being by the ocean at his home in Florida.
John fought a good battle and was a worthy opponent. His physicians and those who cared for him at the University of Colorado were always amazed at his strength and his deep compassion for others. He was also treated at the Shaw Regional Cancer Center in Edwards, and John believed the entire staff at the Shaw had angels' wings.
A memorial service will be held on Dec. 6 at 2 p.m. at Gracious Savior Lutheran Church in Edwards.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Rev. John J. O’Hearne, M.D., Feb. 5, 1922, to May 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Judith Wright Dawkins celebration of life
- Vail Daily obituary: Kristy Lynn River, April 30, 1956, to July 1, 2017
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade