Vail Daily obituary: John Furtner, 1965-2014
August 28, 2014
John moved to Vail five years ago and touched the lives of many in the local community. He was a good friend to many always willing to lend a helping hand. He brightened up his workplace with his jokes and pranks. He volunteered at community events and loved to hike, bike, ski and snowboard. John was living his dream life in Vail. He was a good brother, a crazy uncle and a loving, attentive son. He will be missed tremendously.
On Sept. 7 at 11 a.m. we will meet at the top of Gondola One (Mid-Vail) to spread John's ashes on the mountain he loved. The will be a luncheon hosted after the ceremony in the courtyard at Vantage Point Condominiums.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Developers of treatment center sue Cordillera residents for ‘discriminating against addictions’
- Save an Eagle. Break a Rib: Rosie Shearwood honored for 45-year fight against Adam’s Rib
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail parking pass sales begin Oct. 30 with incentives for early purchases
- Vail Health chief medical officer: Clarifying pediatric care changes at hospital (column)