Vail Daily obituary: Jose Delaido Cordova, 1930-2014
August 25, 2014
Joe Cordova, 83, of Bond, passed away Friday.
He and his amazing, unique sense of humor will be missed by all who knew him. He was born Sept. 15, 1930, in Wheatland, Wyoming, to Jose Francisco Cordova and Maria Estella Lovato.
Having worked for the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad for 40 years, Joe and his family resided in several places, the last of which was Bond for 27 years.
He is survived by sons Bobby (Lyn) Cordova, of Palisade; Michael Cordova (Donna Yurcich), of McCoy; Joe Lawrence (Connie) Cordova, of Gypsum; and daughters Porfiria (Martin) Bania, of Arvada; and Cristine Cordova, of Glenwood Springs. The oldest of 13 siblings, Joe is survived by sisters Rosanna Sanchez, of Yampa, and Ruby Lopez, of Chamisal, New Mexico; and brothers Junior Cordova, of Kremmling, and J.F. Cordova, of Chamisal, New Mexico. Joe is also survived by eight grandchildren, Justin Cordova, of Palisade; Jamie Cordova, of Grand Junction; Kreed Cordova, of Kingman, Arizona; Kaid Cordova, of Utah; Michael Bania, of Roxborough; Autumn Cotterall, of Sunbury, Pennsylvania; Talon and Jessie Cordova, of Gypsum; several great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. Joe was preceded in death by his wife of almost 60 years, Maria Teresa Cordova, and daughter Mercy Cordova Cotterall.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the McCoy Community Center.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Eagle town manager placed on ‘indefinite paid administrative leave’
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident