Vail Daily obituary: Joshua Aragorn Richardson, 1973-2016
July 12, 2016
Joshua Aragorn Richardson, born Aug. 8, 1973, died July 8, 2016.
Josh was born in Mountain Home, Idaho, to Herb and Barb Richardson. From the beginning, he enjoyed life to the fullest and as he grew, his appetite for life grew. He loved to travel, making Europe and Asia his points of interest. After receiving his education, he settled in Oklahoma, calling Oklahoma City home. It was in Oklahoma City that Josh honed his love for cooking, creating recipes and owning his own businesses, Restaurant Concepts, Chico Mann Concepts and Deep Fork Grill.
Josh never minced words. He expected excellence from those around him. He was so funny and always had a smile and hug for everyone. He never met a stranger. Josh was a gifted teacher, teaching chefs with patience and nurturing techniques. He was also an avid outdoorsman, loving camping, hiking and snowboarding at Vail. We already miss our two-hour Sunday talks.
He will be missed by so many people, especially by his son, Eli; brothers, Joel (Gloria) and Michael (Lana); sister, Elise (Jesse); and his rescue dog and cat. Josh is also survived by several nieces and nephews and his maternal and paternal grandmothers.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been set up in Josh's name with Starting Hearts, at 970-763-5306.
The family would also like to thank the doctors, nurses and support staff at St. Anthony's Trauma Hospital Cardiac Care Unit in Oklahoma City.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Jury acquits Leadville woman on drug distribution, weapons charges
- Eagle County schedules special hearing for 120-unit 6 West Apartments proposal in Edwards