Vail Daily obituary: Julie L. Fox, 1964-2014
June 6, 2014
Julie L. Fox (Antonuk), 50, went to be with the Lord on May 28 in Eagle after a courageous, 11-month battle with adrenal cortical cancer. Julie was born in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, to Barbara and Jack Antonuk. After studying at UW-Stout in Menomonie, Wisconsin, she moved to Minneapolis and began a successful career in the building industry. Julie and her husband, Mark, moved to Colorado in 1997 and founded FoxHunt & Partners, a custom home building firm. Julie was active in the Vail Church, serving on the church staff and missions committees. She will be remembered as an avid Packers fan, for her love of cooking, entertaining and gardening but foremost for her passion to serve Christ by serving those around her.
She is survived by her loving husband, Mark Fox, of Eagle; her stepson, Eric Fox (Hilary) and their children, Carter and Peyton, of Minnetonka, Minnesota; her stepson, Wesley Fox (Elizabeth), of New York; her stepdaughter, Jenny Fox, of Wayzata, Minnesota; her parents, Barbara and Jack Antonuk, of Rhinelander, Wisconsin; her brother, Jeff Antonuk (Michele) and their sons, Jack and Charlie, of Rhinelander, Wisconsin; her sister, Jennifer Davidson (Mark), of Chanhassen, Minnesota; her grandfather, Wallace Yocum, of Crandon, Wisconsin; her mother-in-law, Yvonne Fox, of Wayzata, Minnesota; her aunts, Terry (Al) Thompson, of Crandon, Wisconsin, June Antonuk, of Rhinelander, Wisconsin; Ruth Reiser Antonuk, of Three Lakes, Wisconsin, and her uncle, Rolland Yocum, of Crandon, Wisconsin. Many other loving family and loyal friends also survive her. Her paternal grandparents, Irene and John Antonuk; her maternal grandmother, Edna Yocum; her father-in-law, Howard Fox; and her niece, Nina Mari Antonuk, preceded her in death.
Visitation will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Grace Foursquare Church in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, with funeral services immediately following at 11:30 a.m. A memorial service will also be held June 21 at 11 a.m. at The Vail Church in Avon.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made for the benefit of adrenal cancer research to the University of Colorado Foundation, PO Box 17126, Denver, CO 80217. Please note "Julie Fox" on your donation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock