Vail Daily obituary: Karen Gordon Lampl, 1961-2013
February 27, 2013
Our dear Karen lost her courageous battle with cancer Feb. 19.
Karen is pre-deceased by her father, Ian Gordon, and survived by her three beloved children; her mother, Betty Gordon; sister Linda Powell (Greg) and their children; and sister Dianne Vanstone (John) and their children.
Karen fought her cancer with dignity and incredible strength and died peacefully at St. George’s Hospital in Tooting. A celebration of Karen’s life will be held at 2:30 p.m. today at St. Mary’s Church Wimbledon, England, followed by a reception at Cannizaro House. Interment will follow in Lachute, Quebec at a later date.
If family and friends so desire, memorial contributions are gratefully accepted in memory of Karen Gordon Lampl to the following: The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity (www.royalmarsden.org) – please specify with donation directed to support pancreatic cancer research – or St. George’s Hospital Charity (www.givingtogeorges.org.uk) – please specify with donation directed for the benefit of patients and staff of the Stroke Unit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives