Vail Daily obituary: Karen Gordon Lampl, 1961-2013
February 27, 2013
Our dear Karen lost her courageous battle with cancer Feb. 19.
Karen is pre-deceased by her father, Ian Gordon, and survived by her three beloved children; her mother, Betty Gordon; sister Linda Powell (Greg) and their children; and sister Dianne Vanstone (John) and their children.
Karen fought her cancer with dignity and incredible strength and died peacefully at St. George’s Hospital in Tooting. A celebration of Karen’s life will be held at 2:30 p.m. today at St. Mary’s Church Wimbledon, England, followed by a reception at Cannizaro House. Interment will follow in Lachute, Quebec at a later date.
If family and friends so desire, memorial contributions are gratefully accepted in memory of Karen Gordon Lampl to the following: The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity (www.royalmarsden.org) – please specify with donation directed to support pancreatic cancer research – or St. George’s Hospital Charity (www.givingtogeorges.org.uk) – please specify with donation directed for the benefit of patients and staff of the Stroke Unit.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership