Vail Daily obituary: Karen Gordon Lampl, 1961-2013
February 27, 2013
Our dear Karen lost her courageous battle with cancer Feb. 19.
Karen is pre-deceased by her father, Ian Gordon, and survived by her three beloved children; her mother, Betty Gordon; sister Linda Powell (Greg) and their children; and sister Dianne Vanstone (John) and their children.
Karen fought her cancer with dignity and incredible strength and died peacefully at St. George’s Hospital in Tooting. A celebration of Karen’s life will be held at 2:30 p.m. today at St. Mary’s Church Wimbledon, England, followed by a reception at Cannizaro House. Interment will follow in Lachute, Quebec at a later date.
If family and friends so desire, memorial contributions are gratefully accepted in memory of Karen Gordon Lampl to the following: The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity (www.royalmarsden.org) – please specify with donation directed to support pancreatic cancer research – or St. George’s Hospital Charity (www.givingtogeorges.org.uk) – please specify with donation directed for the benefit of patients and staff of the Stroke Unit.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?