Vail Daily obituary: Kathy Sue Smith, 1953-2016
August 23, 2016
Kathy Sue Smith, lifelong resident of Gypsum, passed away on Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016, at Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs. She was 63.
Kathy was born on Aug. 11, 1953, to Wren and Juanita Eaton. She graduated from Eagle Valley High School in 1972. Afterwards, she made her life in the local community, where she raised a family, enjoyed the many communal and family events and loved the serene mountain lifestyle.
She was an exceptionally devoted mother and grandmother, a beloved member of the Eagle Valley community and cherished by her family and friends.
She is survived by her three children, Erica Mosness and her husband, Heath, of Gypsum; Wren Bindley and his wife, Angie, of Aurora; and Foster Bindley, of Aurora; grandchildren Jayden, Joel, Brenna, Alexandra, Avari and Quinten; siblings Shirley (Pete) Nolan, Don (Gail) Eaton and Danny (Deena) Eaton, all of Gypsum; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, Wren and Juanita Eaton, of Gypsum.
A memorial service will be held at the United Methodist Church in Eagle on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Avon woman wins her parking case in municipal court
- January snowfall on the minds of Vail skiers, snowboarders; Closing Day is Sunday, April 23
- Elephant tranquilizer turned up in area of Eagle County overdose deaths
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer found on scene of Blue Lake deaths
- Days the music died: 8150 one of many Vail music venues that have come and gone