Vail Daily obituary: Kathy Sue Smith, 1953-2016
August 23, 2016
Kathy Sue Smith, lifelong resident of Gypsum, passed away on Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016, at Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs. She was 63.
Kathy was born on Aug. 11, 1953, to Wren and Juanita Eaton. She graduated from Eagle Valley High School in 1972. Afterwards, she made her life in the local community, where she raised a family, enjoyed the many communal and family events and loved the serene mountain lifestyle.
She was an exceptionally devoted mother and grandmother, a beloved member of the Eagle Valley community and cherished by her family and friends.
She is survived by her three children, Erica Mosness and her husband, Heath, of Gypsum; Wren Bindley and his wife, Angie, of Aurora; and Foster Bindley, of Aurora; grandchildren Jayden, Joel, Brenna, Alexandra, Avari and Quinten; siblings Shirley (Pete) Nolan, Don (Gail) Eaton and Danny (Deena) Eaton, all of Gypsum; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, Wren and Juanita Eaton, of Gypsum.
A memorial service will be held at the United Methodist Church in Eagle on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Luxury real estate in Beaver Creek to be sold through Instant Gavel auction app
- Breaking: Brush fire reported along Interstate 70 in Avon extinguished