Vail Daily obituary: Kristy Lynn River, April 30, 1956, to July 1, 2017
July 10, 2017
Kristy Lynn River passed away July 1, 2017, at Banner Baywood Medical Center in Mesa, Arizona, after fighting a battle with liver cancer. She was born April 30, 1956, to Stanley and Ruby River in Glenwood Springs and grew up in Eagle, graduating from Eagle Valley High School.
Kristy resided in Payson for the past 28 years and was employed by Banner Payson Medical Center. She is survived by her son, Troy Dean River; her mother, Ruby River; her siblings, Millie Avalos, Stanley River and Melody Donaldson; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her father, Stanley "Buzz" River, and her brother Robert River.
Kristy was passionate about the outdoors, fishing, camping, George Strait and the Denver Broncos. She is dearly loved and missed by her family, who ask that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the American Cancer Society. A memorial will be planned at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail