Vail Daily obituary: Liza Beth Repasky Lowe
August 28, 2014
Liza Beth Repasky Lowe, 33, beloved daughter, sister and mother of two sons and boundless source of inspiration and joy for all who knew her, died unexpectedly after collapsing at home from an unknown cause.
Liza achieved exceptional career success, earning her bachelor of science degree with a major in biological science from Colorado State University, her M.B.A. from the University of Phoenix and was pursuing her Ph.D. in healthcare administration while working as director of medical staff services at Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs. She began to develop her broader ambitions to bring innovation to the medical industry as a whole.
For those closest to Liza, however, this was just a part of her extraordinary life. Her most memorable feature was her constant, exuberant smile and big, infectious laugh. She had the kind of beauty that was made more radiant by the spirit within her. Liza also had an uncanny ability to lift the energy of those around her through her joyous presence alone. This played a large role in the lives of each of her family members and friends. She was a fearless force for optimism and cheer; and her quick wit and genuine kindness could lighten even the darkest of situations in life.
Liza's greatest joy was tending to the development and nurturing of her two sons Glenn, 10, and Andrew, 7, whom she encouraged to develop passions and values that would lead to their success. While working full-time in a fast-paced career, she managed to provide them with a secure, loving home, where their favorite memories are cuddling at bedtime, going on adventures and having her as their wildest fan at sporting events. She shared with them her love of travel with trips to San Diego and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and road trips to see family and attend summer camp.
Her departure has and will continue to deeply affect the lives of many. She is survived by her two sons, Glenn Edward and Andrew Deacon Lowe; her sister Shanna Repasky Orr; her adoring parents, Andrew and Diana Repasky; and a large family that loved her dearly.
Services to honor Liza will be a visitation Saturday at Everett Family Funeral Home in Gypsum from 2-4 p.m. and a memorial service on Sunday at the Eagle Valley High School auditorium at 1 p.m.
A memorial fund for Liza Lowe to benefit her sons, Glenn and Andrew, is set up at Alpine Bank.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Toughill memorial service notice
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday