Vail Daily obituary: Mark Alan Pancratz, 1954-2013
September 18, 2013
Mark Alan Pancratz, 59, passed away Sept. 12 at his home in Edwards.
Mark was born on June 5, 1954, in Fargo, N.D., to Paul and Leota (Gallagher) Pancratz. He was raised and educated in Fargo and graduated from Fargo Shanley High School in 1972. He attended the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks from 1972-77 and graduated with a bachelor's degree in political science. He was a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity. Mark met his wife, Linda Olson, at UND and they were married on Dec. 27, 1976. He attended the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn., and received a master's degree in education. He also attended the Gemmological Association of Great Britain in London received his diploma in gemmology in 1998.
As a man of many interests, Mark's career led him into teaching, health care management, investing and owning his own business. He served on the board of directors of Mountain Capital LLC and the ELM Family Foundation. His greatest loves were his family and friends. Together, they shared many wonderful memories at Little Pine Lake, on family ski trips and in the English pubs. Many have experienced the joys of walking the streets of London with Mark. Armed with a deep knowledge of the city and an incredible sense of humor, he was a gracious host and a great tour guide. Mark was an extraordinary husband, father, brother and uncle and a loyal friend. He had a passion for travel, skiing, reading, politics, sports and great conversations.
Mark is survived by his wife of 37 years, Linda, and daughter, Elizabeth, of Edwards; sister Laura Isensee, of Eden Prairie, Minn; sister Lyn Reis and brother-in-law Dick Reis, of Fargo; sister Leslie Pancratz and brother-in-law, Michael Hayman, of Louisville, Ky.; brother Greg Pancratz, of Fort Collins; and his wonderful nieces and nephews and their partners.
His father, Paul K. Pancratz, and his mother, Leota G. Pancratz, preceded him in death.
A memorial service will be held at the Edwards Interfaith Chapel on Monday at 2 p.m. with a reception to follow. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to the Shaw Cancer Center, P.O. Box 2559, Edwards, CO, in memory of Mark Pancratz to express gratitude and support to the caregivers and staff at the Shaw Cancer Center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks