Vail Daily obituary: Martha Veronica ‘Betty’ Garcia, 1938-2014
June 3, 2014
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia, April 3, 1938-June 1, 2014.
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia passed away Sunday. Betty was born April 3, 1938, in Durango. Betty loved to cook and share her food with others. She was loved by many.
Betty is survived by her husband of 57 years, Fred, of Rifle; son Lonnie Garcia, of Portland; daughters Linda (Ray) Avila, of Gypsum, and Lori (Chris) Darrington, of Parker; four grandchildren; and three great grandchildren.
Betty was preceded in death by two children; her parents; three sisters and four brothers.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Rifle.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Toughill memorial service notice
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery