Vail Daily obituary: Martha Veronica ‘Betty’ Garcia, 1938-2014
June 3, 2014
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia, April 3, 1938-June 1, 2014.
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia passed away Sunday. Betty was born April 3, 1938, in Durango. Betty loved to cook and share her food with others. She was loved by many.
Betty is survived by her husband of 57 years, Fred, of Rifle; son Lonnie Garcia, of Portland; daughters Linda (Ray) Avila, of Gypsum, and Lori (Chris) Darrington, of Parker; four grandchildren; and three great grandchildren.
Betty was preceded in death by two children; her parents; three sisters and four brothers.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Rifle.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Weeding through marijuana: Experts, advocates talk cannabidiol (CBD)
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Cordillera ‘discriminating against addictions,’ federal ADA lawsuit claims