Vail Daily obituary: Martha Veronica ‘Betty’ Garcia, 1938-2014
June 3, 2014
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia, April 3, 1938-June 1, 2014.
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia passed away Sunday. Betty was born April 3, 1938, in Durango. Betty loved to cook and share her food with others. She was loved by many.
Betty is survived by her husband of 57 years, Fred, of Rifle; son Lonnie Garcia, of Portland; daughters Linda (Ray) Avila, of Gypsum, and Lori (Chris) Darrington, of Parker; four grandchildren; and three great grandchildren.
Betty was preceded in death by two children; her parents; three sisters and four brothers.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Rifle.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions