Vail Daily obituary: Mary Ann Owen, 1936-2013
February 18, 2014
Mary Ann Owen, 76, born and raised in Leadville, passed away at her home in Leadville on Thursday. She was born Dec. 30, 1936, to Albert and Pauline (Ponikvar) Mehle. On July 10, 1955, she married Jack B. Owen at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Leadville.
Mary Ann graduated from Leadville High School. She was a retail clerk and retired from Safeway. She was a member of Holy Family Parish and a member of the Catholic Daughters. Mary Ann crocheted many afghans and also made rosaries. She liked to gamble, play games and eat and she loved being with family.
Mary Ann is survived by her daughters Janet Azeltine and husband Wally, Cindy Webster and husband David and Jackie Owen; grandchildren Jennifer and Brent Magill, Stephanie, Ryan and Josh Azeltine and Nichole and Danielle Webster; great-grandchildren Anij Magill, Emma and Brando Azeltine and Saydee and Gracie Webster; sisters June VanHouten and Sharon Walker; and brother Bob Mehle. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, brother Albert Mehle Jr. and sister Dolores Mimms.
A rosary service was held Monday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Leadville, led by Deacon Tony Werckman. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church with the Rev. Father Jesse Perez as celebrant. Burial will be at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery, Leadville, with a reception to follow at Leadville Elk's Lodge, No. 236. Bailey-Kent Funeral Home of Leadville is assisting the family with arrangements. To leave a condolence for the Owen family, please visit http://www.baileykentfuneralhome.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Rev. John J. O’Hearne, M.D., Feb. 5, 1922, to May 15, 2017
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco