Vail Daily obituary: Jane M. Leader
November 14, 2016
Leader, Jane M., nee Mary Jane Moody, age 82, of Westlake, Ohio, born in Dallas, Texas, deceased Nov. 13. She is preceded in death by her son James R. Leader; daughter, Pamela S. Leader; and husband, Charles R. Leader, Jr. She is survived by her son Charles R. Leader III (June); and grandson, "Rob" Charles R. Leader IV. She was diagnosed with stage IV adenocarcinoma in August and it progressed rapidly. She was a graduate of The Hockaday School of Dallas and attended Rollins College of Winter Park, Florida, where she met and to whom was married for 53 years, Marine Corps Capt. Charles R. Leader Jr. She was a longtime resident of Fairview Park, Ohio, and Vail.
Jane was active in local civic organizations, bridge and collector clubs and was an authority on French and German antique dolls. She was a watercolor artist and a teacher. As a devout Christian, she was a trusted counselor. As an athlete, she excelled at snow skiing, swimming, diving and tennis, as a member of Westwood Country Club and Avon Oaks Country Club. The Leader family wishes to acknowledge the staff of Brighton Gardens and the staff of Hospice of the Western Reserve and thank them for the exemplary care provided.
Memorial services will be held at Hope Christian Church, 32625 Detroit Road, Avon OH 44011 on Saturday, Nov. 19 at 11 a.m. To be interred at Sunny Side Cemetery, Sugar Hill, New Hampshire. In lieu of flowers, please donate to her charity of choice, The Salvation Army. Arrangements by Jenkins Funeral Chapel Westlake.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: The life of the one and only Kurt Keltner
- Obituary: Celebrate Alan Brock Friday, Sept. 22, in Grand Junction
- Obituary: Michael ‘Mike’ D. Lujan, Aug. 20 1958 – Sept. 6, 2017
- Obituary: Mrs. Clara A. Valencia, Aug. 27, 1936, to Sept. 11, 2017
- Obituary: Perfecto C. Rivera, March 28, 1931, to Sept. 4, 2017
- UPDATE: Eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Vail will close again Friday morning to remove crashed semi
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Arvada woman pleads not guilty in Eagle County crash that killed two of her children
- Colorado police on the hunt for ‘The Mad Pooper’ — aka the poop-and-run jogger
- Avon council still doesn’t know cost of Ben Harper & Innocent Criminals concert