Vail Daily obituary: Michael E. Ricks, 1945-2013
January 5, 2014
Pastor Michael Edward Ricks was born to Joseph and Sammie Lee Ricks on Jan. 2, 1945, in San Diego.
He went to be with his Lord and Savior on Dec. 23. He graduated from Hoover High School in 1962. He married Wanda Lou Morgan on June 24, 1967, in San Diego. He attended San Diego State University and graduated from San Jose State University with a bachelor's degree. He graduated from Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary with a Master in Religious Education and a Master of Divinity.
Michael spent his career as a Southern Baptist minister, serving in California, Colorado and Arkansas. He also was a Certified Public Accountant.
He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Wanda Ricks, of Shawnee, Okla. Michael was extremely proud and loving father and grandfather. He is survived by his son David Edward Ricks, his wife Tonya and their son Braden, all of Shawnee, Okla; his son, Joseph Matthew Ricks, his wife Angela and their four children, Matthew, Joshua, Katherine and Grace, all of Gunnison; and his daughter Sharon Ann Ricks and her two children, Elizabeth and Sarah, all of Norman, Okla. He is also survived by his brother Daniel Thomas Ricks of Detroit, as well as his many loving aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and other friends. He was preceded in death by his parents and three grandsons, Taylor Ricks, Michael Ricks and Timothy Ricks. Services were held at Temple Baptist Church in Shawnee. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to Temple Baptist Church Mission Fund. Funeral arrangements were provided by Walker Funeral Home in Shawnee.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Jury acquits Leadville woman on drug distribution, weapons charges
- Eagle County schedules special hearing for 120-unit 6 West Apartments proposal in Edwards