Vail Daily obituary: Miles Darius Firkins, 1931-2013
December 1, 2013
Miles Darius Firkins, 82, went home to be with our Father on Nov. 25.
Born Oct. 24, 1931, in Indianapolis, Ind., he was a loving husband, father, brother and Papaw. He served in the U.S. Army as an A.C. gunner. He worked at the Indianapolis Star while attending IUPUI drafting school. For more than 20 years, he ran Firkins Brothers Construction with his brother. He was an avid outdoorsman.
He is survived by the love of his life, Dolores R (Dickey), of 61 years; five kids, Miles Jr. (Karen), Terry, Nat (Susan), Valerie Gordon (Scott), Kelly Lannan (John);13 grandchildren; four great-grandkids, brother Phil; and sisters Sandy and Lorinda.
A memorial was held Saturday at Holiday Shores, Largo, Fla.
He was preceded in death by his parents,Vivian (Webb) and Archie Firkins; and three brothers.
He is dearly remembered as a gentle, kind man and the best dad ever!
Knowing that he is resting with the Lord brings peace to us all. Matthew 5:5 states: "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions