Vail Daily obituary: Miles Darius Firkins, 1931-2013
December 1, 2013
Miles Darius Firkins, 82, went home to be with our Father on Nov. 25.
Born Oct. 24, 1931, in Indianapolis, Ind., he was a loving husband, father, brother and Papaw. He served in the U.S. Army as an A.C. gunner. He worked at the Indianapolis Star while attending IUPUI drafting school. For more than 20 years, he ran Firkins Brothers Construction with his brother. He was an avid outdoorsman.
He is survived by the love of his life, Dolores R (Dickey), of 61 years; five kids, Miles Jr. (Karen), Terry, Nat (Susan), Valerie Gordon (Scott), Kelly Lannan (John);13 grandchildren; four great-grandkids, brother Phil; and sisters Sandy and Lorinda.
A memorial was held Saturday at Holiday Shores, Largo, Fla.
He was preceded in death by his parents,Vivian (Webb) and Archie Firkins; and three brothers.
He is dearly remembered as a gentle, kind man and the best dad ever!
Knowing that he is resting with the Lord brings peace to us all. Matthew 5:5 states: "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail