Vail Daily obituary: Nina Serna
May 13, 2014
Nina Serna passed away May 6 in Colorado Springs at the age of 84.
Nina worked in Vail at the Village Inn, Christiania, Vail Glo and Sitzmark Lodge.
Nina was preceded in death by her husband, Billy Serna; two sons, Jimmy Serna and Danny Serna; one grandson, Jimmy Harold; and one granddaughter, Nicki Marie.
She is survived by her daughter Theresa (Eli) Carbajal, of Avon; Sharon Bustillos, of Aurora; Mike (Ruby) Serna, of Battlement Mesa; Nadine (Felix) Archuleta, of Avon; Rudy Serna, of Avon; Elevine Flores, of Avon; Rose (Floyd) Salazar, of Gypsum; Joseph Serna, of Colorado Springs; Viola Serna, of Colorado Springs; and Carmen (Miguel) Gonzales, of Mexico. She is also survived by 36 grandchildren, 62 great grandchildren and 2 great-great grandchildren.
Services are being held at St. Dominic Catholic Church, 5354 S. Highway 85/87 in Security. Mass will be held today at 10 a.m. with burial to follow at Evergreen Cemetery, 1005 S. Hancock Ave.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Rev. John J. O’Hearne, M.D., Feb. 5, 1922, to May 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Judith Wright Dawkins celebration of life
- Vail Daily obituary: Kristy Lynn River, April 30, 1956, to July 1, 2017
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade