Vail Daily obituary: Nina Serna
May 13, 2014
Nina Serna passed away May 6 in Colorado Springs at the age of 84.
Nina worked in Vail at the Village Inn, Christiania, Vail Glo and Sitzmark Lodge.
Nina was preceded in death by her husband, Billy Serna; two sons, Jimmy Serna and Danny Serna; one grandson, Jimmy Harold; and one granddaughter, Nicki Marie.
She is survived by her daughter Theresa (Eli) Carbajal, of Avon; Sharon Bustillos, of Aurora; Mike (Ruby) Serna, of Battlement Mesa; Nadine (Felix) Archuleta, of Avon; Rudy Serna, of Avon; Elevine Flores, of Avon; Rose (Floyd) Salazar, of Gypsum; Joseph Serna, of Colorado Springs; Viola Serna, of Colorado Springs; and Carmen (Miguel) Gonzales, of Mexico. She is also survived by 36 grandchildren, 62 great grandchildren and 2 great-great grandchildren.
Services are being held at St. Dominic Catholic Church, 5354 S. Highway 85/87 in Security. Mass will be held today at 10 a.m. with burial to follow at Evergreen Cemetery, 1005 S. Hancock Ave.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?