Vail Daily obituary: Nina Serna
May 13, 2014
Nina Serna passed away May 6 in Colorado Springs at the age of 84.
Nina worked in Vail at the Village Inn, Christiania, Vail Glo and Sitzmark Lodge.
Nina was preceded in death by her husband, Billy Serna; two sons, Jimmy Serna and Danny Serna; one grandson, Jimmy Harold; and one granddaughter, Nicki Marie.
She is survived by her daughter Theresa (Eli) Carbajal, of Avon; Sharon Bustillos, of Aurora; Mike (Ruby) Serna, of Battlement Mesa; Nadine (Felix) Archuleta, of Avon; Rudy Serna, of Avon; Elevine Flores, of Avon; Rose (Floyd) Salazar, of Gypsum; Joseph Serna, of Colorado Springs; Viola Serna, of Colorado Springs; and Carmen (Miguel) Gonzales, of Mexico. She is also survived by 36 grandchildren, 62 great grandchildren and 2 great-great grandchildren.
Services are being held at St. Dominic Catholic Church, 5354 S. Highway 85/87 in Security. Mass will be held today at 10 a.m. with burial to follow at Evergreen Cemetery, 1005 S. Hancock Ave.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Rev. John J. O’Hearne, M.D., Feb. 5, 1922, to May 15, 2017
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?