Vail Daily obituary: Pete Martinez, 1926-2013
October 6, 2013
Porfirio "Pete" Martinez, a longtime Eagle Valley resident, passed away peacefully in his sleep on Wednesday in his Colorado Springs home.
He is survived by his loving wife, Maria "Ramie" Martinez, of 65 years; son Peter (Christine) Martinez, of Colorado Springs; daughter Diana (Gabriel) Pereida, of Gypsum; three brothers, Raymond, David and Richard; a sister, Susie; eight grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, three sisters, daughter Mary Jane Martinez and son Patrick Martinez.
Pete was born Feb. 11, 1926. He worked as a rancher for Perry Olsen and also for Vail Associates before moving to Colorado Springs, where he lived for 38 years. Pete loved fishing, camping and the outdoors, but most of all spending time with his family.
Visitation will be on Tuesday from 1 to 1:30 p.m. at St. Dominic Catholic Church, 5354 S. Highway 85/87 in Security. A rosary and Mass will follow. A reception will be held after the service at Knights of Columbus Hall, 567 Marquette Drive in Security. Private entombment will be at the Shrine of Remembrance Mausoleum, Gate of Heaven, 1730 E. Fountain Blvd., Colorado Springs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks