Vail Daily obituary: Richard L. Matthews, 1952-2014
April 18, 2014
Richard (Rick) L. Matthews died peacefully at age 61, surrounded by his family, in Naples, Fla. Rick graduated from Hingham High School in 1970. He moved to the Vail area a couple of years later, where he lived until four years ago.
Rick is survived by his beloved daughter, Nicole (Matthews) Clements, and her husband, Walker Clements; his parents, Richard D. and Carol L. Matthews, formerly of Hanover, Mass.; sisters Julie (Matthews) Busskohl and her husband, Craig Busskohl, of Tempe, Ariz., and Sandra (Matthews) Martin and her husband, Peter Martin, of Hanover; and one nephew and two nieces.
Rick was an avid skier, sports trivia expert and Red Sox fan. Rick was involved in the Buddy Werner Ski League in Vail. Memorial services will be held in Hanover at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: Celebrate Alan Brock Friday, Sept. 22, in Grand Junction
- Obituary: The life of the one and only Kurt Keltner
- Obituary: Michael ‘Mike’ D. Lujan, Aug. 20 1958 – Sept. 6, 2017
- Obituary: Perfecto C. Rivera, March 28, 1931, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Obituary: Elisa A. Haskins, Feb. 23, 1963, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K
- Eagle bike/motorcycle accident detailed in Crime Stoppers alert resolved
- Letter: No luck with customer service at USPS in Vail