Vail Daily obituary: Richard L. Matthews, 1952-2014
April 18, 2014
Richard (Rick) L. Matthews died peacefully at age 61, surrounded by his family, in Naples, Fla. Rick graduated from Hingham High School in 1970. He moved to the Vail area a couple of years later, where he lived until four years ago.
Rick is survived by his beloved daughter, Nicole (Matthews) Clements, and her husband, Walker Clements; his parents, Richard D. and Carol L. Matthews, formerly of Hanover, Mass.; sisters Julie (Matthews) Busskohl and her husband, Craig Busskohl, of Tempe, Ariz., and Sandra (Matthews) Martin and her husband, Peter Martin, of Hanover; and one nephew and two nieces.
Rick was an avid skier, sports trivia expert and Red Sox fan. Rick was involved in the Buddy Werner Ski League in Vail. Memorial services will be held in Hanover at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017