Vail Daily obituary: Richard Wallace Wilson Jr., 1949-2013
September 26, 2013
Richard Wallace Wilson Jr., of Eagle-Vail, died Sept. 17 at the Veterans Hospital in Denver at the age of 64.
Richard "Butch" was born March 22, 1949, in La Crosse, Wis. He was the son of the late Richard W. and Ann L. Wilson. He was a graduate of Greenfield High School in Greenfield, Iowa. He attended the University of North Dakota and Bemidji State University.
He served in the U.S. Navy as a sonar operator and in search and rescue in the Mediterranean fleet. He loved repairing old cars, rooting for the Denver Broncos and Colorado Avalanche. Butch was a kind and caring friend, always willing to lend a helping hand. He will be remembered and greatly missed by many.
Butch is survived by his sisters, Mary Wilson and Suzanne Wilson, of Colorado, and brother Henry (Wendy), of Iowa; nieces Kimberly (Tom) Woodward, Heather Cutler and Justin, Kelly Wilson and Jim, all of Colorado, and nephews Andy Wilson (California) and Aaron Wilson (Iowa); great niece Elizabeth Quintana; and great nephews Jordan, Jamie and Joseph Quintana, all of Colorado.
Burial will be in Fort Logan National Cemetery in Denver.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Eagle and Gypsum can’t offer much in the way of rental cost relief in Eagle County