Vail Daily obituary: Richard Wallace Wilson Jr., 1949-2013
September 26, 2013
Richard Wallace Wilson Jr., of Eagle-Vail, died Sept. 17 at the Veterans Hospital in Denver at the age of 64.
Richard "Butch" was born March 22, 1949, in La Crosse, Wis. He was the son of the late Richard W. and Ann L. Wilson. He was a graduate of Greenfield High School in Greenfield, Iowa. He attended the University of North Dakota and Bemidji State University.
He served in the U.S. Navy as a sonar operator and in search and rescue in the Mediterranean fleet. He loved repairing old cars, rooting for the Denver Broncos and Colorado Avalanche. Butch was a kind and caring friend, always willing to lend a helping hand. He will be remembered and greatly missed by many.
Butch is survived by his sisters, Mary Wilson and Suzanne Wilson, of Colorado, and brother Henry (Wendy), of Iowa; nieces Kimberly (Tom) Woodward, Heather Cutler and Justin, Kelly Wilson and Jim, all of Colorado, and nephews Andy Wilson (California) and Aaron Wilson (Iowa); great niece Elizabeth Quintana; and great nephews Jordan, Jamie and Joseph Quintana, all of Colorado.
Burial will be in Fort Logan National Cemetery in Denver.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Toughill memorial service notice
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery