Vail Daily obituary: Robert Allen Frietsch
April 30, 2014
Our loving dad and Papaw, Robert (Bob) Allen Frietsch, passed away April 19 at his home in Edwards. He was 70.
Bob was born on April 21, 1943, in Chicago to Herman and Alice Frietsch. He grew up in Chicago and Kansas City, Missouri. He attended two years at Rockhurst College in Kansas City, Missouri. He spent his adult life living in Clearwater Beach, Florida, where he helped run the family business, Bayboro Marina in St. Petersburg, Florida; Daytona Beach, Florida; and Houston before moving to Edwards to be closer to his daughters Jen and Stephanie. Bob called Edwards home for the past 10 years. Many may remember him as Bob the bus driver from Avon Transportation driving the Beaver Creek parking lot shuttle, black line and skier shuttle from 2005-2011 or as the shuttle driver for Timberline Tours of Eagle before retiring to take on a more important role babysitting his grandson Maclain.
He loved the outdoors and spending time with his family and friends. His happiest times were on the water and beach during his time in Florida and skiing and camping in the mountains of Colorado. His three great loves at the end were his cat Gizmo, his red Porsche 944 and his family, especially his grandkids Maclain and Isley who were his reason for getting up every morning. His greatest joy was watching the videos of them learning to ski in Beaver Creek. He was always willing to lend a helping hand, from picking up a shift at work to babysitting at the drop of a hat. He had an amazing wit about him and sarcastic sense of humor. He loved tinkering with his Porsche for hours in his garage and building things with his hands. He had an amazing ability to problem solve and fix things with common household items. He lived a simple life and always put everyone else's needs in front of his own. He celebrated his 70th birthday last year, a huge milestone since his father and brother never lived to see 70. Bob was preceded in death by his parents, his brother Herman M. Frietsch Jr., and his cat Gizmo. He is survived by his beloved daughter Jennifer (Frietsch) Ehrlich and husband Seth, of Edwards; daughter Stephanie Frietsch, of Gypsum; daughter Melissa (Frietsch) Howerton and husband Doug, of Chesapeake, Virginia; and his adored and beloved grandkids Maclain and Isley Ehrlich and grandchildren Emma and Will Howerton.
He will be forever loved and missed.
A celebration of Bob's life will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. at the Beaver Creek Chapel, located at 33 Elk Track Road in Beaver Creek Resort. Reception immediately following at the home of Jen and Seth Ehrlich.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past