Vail Daily obituary: Robert Allen Frietsch
April 30, 2014
Our loving dad and Papaw, Robert (Bob) Allen Frietsch, passed away April 19 at his home in Edwards. He was 70.
Bob was born on April 21, 1943, in Chicago to Herman and Alice Frietsch. He grew up in Chicago and Kansas City, Missouri. He attended two years at Rockhurst College in Kansas City, Missouri. He spent his adult life living in Clearwater Beach, Florida, where he helped run the family business, Bayboro Marina in St. Petersburg, Florida; Daytona Beach, Florida; and Houston before moving to Edwards to be closer to his daughters Jen and Stephanie. Bob called Edwards home for the past 10 years. Many may remember him as Bob the bus driver from Avon Transportation driving the Beaver Creek parking lot shuttle, black line and skier shuttle from 2005-2011 or as the shuttle driver for Timberline Tours of Eagle before retiring to take on a more important role babysitting his grandson Maclain.
He loved the outdoors and spending time with his family and friends. His happiest times were on the water and beach during his time in Florida and skiing and camping in the mountains of Colorado. His three great loves at the end were his cat Gizmo, his red Porsche 944 and his family, especially his grandkids Maclain and Isley who were his reason for getting up every morning. His greatest joy was watching the videos of them learning to ski in Beaver Creek. He was always willing to lend a helping hand, from picking up a shift at work to babysitting at the drop of a hat. He had an amazing wit about him and sarcastic sense of humor. He loved tinkering with his Porsche for hours in his garage and building things with his hands. He had an amazing ability to problem solve and fix things with common household items. He lived a simple life and always put everyone else's needs in front of his own. He celebrated his 70th birthday last year, a huge milestone since his father and brother never lived to see 70. Bob was preceded in death by his parents, his brother Herman M. Frietsch Jr., and his cat Gizmo. He is survived by his beloved daughter Jennifer (Frietsch) Ehrlich and husband Seth, of Edwards; daughter Stephanie Frietsch, of Gypsum; daughter Melissa (Frietsch) Howerton and husband Doug, of Chesapeake, Virginia; and his adored and beloved grandkids Maclain and Isley Ehrlich and grandchildren Emma and Will Howerton.
He will be forever loved and missed.
A celebration of Bob's life will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. at the Beaver Creek Chapel, located at 33 Elk Track Road in Beaver Creek Resort. Reception immediately following at the home of Jen and Seth Ehrlich.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Toughill memorial service notice
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations