Vail Daily obituary: Robert H. Dressel, 1939-2012
December 5, 2012
Robert “Bob” H. Dressel, 73, of Glenwood Springs, passed away peacefully Sunday in the arms of his wife and daughter, just as he desired.
Born to Kathryn and Harold Dressel on March 3, 1939, in Shamokin, Pa., Bob graduated from The Pennsylvania State University with a degree in business administration in 1962. He served as a U.S. Navy lieutenant on board the USS Macdonough and the USS Intrepid from 1962 through 1966, when he was honorably discharged. After moving to Colorado, he earned a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Denver in 1967.
Bob worked in commercial banking in Denver for 26 years and shared his compassion and leadership skills with several regional nonprofits, including a term as chair of Mile High United Way.
He married Michele on Jan. 13, 1990, and retired to Eagle in 1994. Bob enjoyed golf, fly-fishing, skiing, woodworking and sharing good food, cocktails and conversations with friends and family. A move to Glenwood Springs in 2000 brought Bob great joy as he could be found on the golf course near his home on most sunny days. His warmth and thoughtfulness cultivated a valued circle of friends everywhere he landed.
Bob is survived by his wife, Michele; his daughter Amy Dressel-Martin, her husband Scott and grandchildren Taage and Sophie of Wheat Ridge; and his stepson Rodney Look, his wife Adair and grandchildren Jansen, Austen and Lange of Sebastopol, Calif. He is also survived by his brother Joel Dressel of Alaro, Majorca, Spain; and his sister Nancy Golden of York, Pa.
A memorial service will be held Dec. 12 at First United Methodist Church, 824 Cooper Ave., Glenwood Springs, at 1 p.m. A gathering will follow at the Glenwood Springs Golf Club, 193 Sunny Acres Road, Glenwood Springs.
Donations can be made to HomeCare and Hospice of the Valley, P.O. Box 3768, Basalt, CO 81621; or United Way of Garfield County, P.O. Box 1406, Rifle, CO 81650.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past