Vail Daily obituary: Robert Heeter
July 23, 2012
Robert Heeter, 70, of Maple Plain, Minn., practiced as an orthopaedic surgeon at Waconia Ridgeview Medical Center for 35 years and served on the hospital’s board of directors for nine years. Dr. Heeter performed more than 20,000 medical procedures during his career. He enjoyed chess, geology, bridge, poker, skiing, gardening and motorcycling.
Dr. Heeter was preceded in death by his father, Robert. He was a loving father of five children: Robert Heeter (Hui Chen) of Pleasanton, Calif.; Michael (Melissa) Heeter of Bloomington, Minn.; Jed (Janell) Schmieg of Virginia Beach, Va.; Laura (Patrick) McCarthy; Russell Heeter of Mound, Minn.; grandchildren Robert, James, Nathan, Sarah Grace, Jonathan and Samuel; mother, Nancy F. Heeter of Richfield, Minn.; sisters Nancy (David) Bergerson of Wayzata, Minn., Elizabeth (Joseph) Vigneri of Casper, Wyo.; mothers of his children, Joyce K. Heeter of Tucson, Ariz. and Diane S. Heeter of Carver, Minn.
A celebration of Dr. Heeter’s life will be held at 6 p.m. July 27 with visitation one hour prior at the Lake Waconia Event Center. Private interment will be held at Fort Snelling National Cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy Class of 2017 is Overachiever U
- The year is complete and RPI is officially a mess