Vail Daily obituary: Robert Heeter
July 23, 2012
Robert Heeter, 70, of Maple Plain, Minn., practiced as an orthopaedic surgeon at Waconia Ridgeview Medical Center for 35 years and served on the hospital’s board of directors for nine years. Dr. Heeter performed more than 20,000 medical procedures during his career. He enjoyed chess, geology, bridge, poker, skiing, gardening and motorcycling.
Dr. Heeter was preceded in death by his father, Robert. He was a loving father of five children: Robert Heeter (Hui Chen) of Pleasanton, Calif.; Michael (Melissa) Heeter of Bloomington, Minn.; Jed (Janell) Schmieg of Virginia Beach, Va.; Laura (Patrick) McCarthy; Russell Heeter of Mound, Minn.; grandchildren Robert, James, Nathan, Sarah Grace, Jonathan and Samuel; mother, Nancy F. Heeter of Richfield, Minn.; sisters Nancy (David) Bergerson of Wayzata, Minn., Elizabeth (Joseph) Vigneri of Casper, Wyo.; mothers of his children, Joyce K. Heeter of Tucson, Ariz. and Diane S. Heeter of Carver, Minn.
A celebration of Dr. Heeter’s life will be held at 6 p.m. July 27 with visitation one hour prior at the Lake Waconia Event Center. Private interment will be held at Fort Snelling National Cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Dr. Tom Steinberg, Vail’s first physician and an instrumental figure here for 50-plus years, dies at 93