Vail Daily obituary: Robert Heeter
July 23, 2012
Robert Heeter, 70, of Maple Plain, Minn., practiced as an orthopaedic surgeon at Waconia Ridgeview Medical Center for 35 years and served on the hospital’s board of directors for nine years. Dr. Heeter performed more than 20,000 medical procedures during his career. He enjoyed chess, geology, bridge, poker, skiing, gardening and motorcycling.
Dr. Heeter was preceded in death by his father, Robert. He was a loving father of five children: Robert Heeter (Hui Chen) of Pleasanton, Calif.; Michael (Melissa) Heeter of Bloomington, Minn.; Jed (Janell) Schmieg of Virginia Beach, Va.; Laura (Patrick) McCarthy; Russell Heeter of Mound, Minn.; grandchildren Robert, James, Nathan, Sarah Grace, Jonathan and Samuel; mother, Nancy F. Heeter of Richfield, Minn.; sisters Nancy (David) Bergerson of Wayzata, Minn., Elizabeth (Joseph) Vigneri of Casper, Wyo.; mothers of his children, Joyce K. Heeter of Tucson, Ariz. and Diane S. Heeter of Carver, Minn.
A celebration of Dr. Heeter’s life will be held at 6 p.m. July 27 with visitation one hour prior at the Lake Waconia Event Center. Private interment will be held at Fort Snelling National Cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues