Vail Daily obituary: Ross Wilhelms, 1983-2013
December 7, 2013
Ross Wilhelms (1983-2013) passed away Nov. 1 at his house in Seattle. He grew up in Evergreen, graduated from Evergreen High School and held a Bachelor of Science degree in construction management with a minor in philosophy from Colorado State University. He lived both in Vail and Summit County before relocating to Seattle. He was an amazing person with an exceptional mind. He enjoyed studying philosophy, deep thinking and meditation. In addition, he excelled at his favorite pursuits of skiing and mountain biking. He loved the outdoors and spent as much time there as he could. He could do things most people couldn't, whether it was on skis or on a mountain bike. He is survived by his wife, Alison Wilhelms; his parents John Wilhelms and Tysu Jung; his sister Jolene Wilhelms; and his dog Snoopy. He will forever be missed, but never forgotten.
It is suggested that those wanting to make donations should support David Poole in his quest to compete in the Sochi Paralympics in 2014. David was one of Ross's best friends who has made an inspirational recovery from being paralyzed in a skiing accident. He is on track to qualify for the biathlon and in need of support for travel to races and equipment expenses. Donations can be made at http://www.eaglemount.org by clicking on David's picture. The gift type is "honor" and should be designated "in honor of" David Poole.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vai Daily obituary: Gretta Burdick Parks, Oct. 8, 1928, to March 16, 2017
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl