Vail Daily obituary: Royce E. Reynolds, 1921-2013
July 28, 2013
Royce E. Reynolds died peacefully in bed on May 7.
Royce was born on Sept 23, 1921, in Edwards and grew up in a family of 10 brothers and one sister. Royce attended the little red school house in Edwards and graduated from high school in Rifle.
Royce served in the Navy during World War II and in the Korean War. He retired from AT&T in 1982 after more than 36 years of service.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Floyd and Raye Reynolds of Edwards; eight of his siblings; and his son Rodney. He is survived by Lois, his loving wife of 68 years; daughter Rochelle, of Arlington Vt.; sons Richard, of Parachute; and Reed, of Arvada; brothers Felix and Duke; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Royce enjoyed, hunting, fishing and playing the trombone for dances. He was an officer with the telephone pioneers, and a lifetime member of the B.P.O.E.
He will be greatly missed for his friendly personality, sense of humor, special touch with popcorn and his love of family and friends.
A celebration of life will be held for him on June 22 at the Senior Resource Center, 3227 Chase St. in Wheat Ridge. Doors open at 10:30 a.m., and the service is at 11 a.m. Open house to follow.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Missouri developer buys Leadville’s historic rail yard, plans mixed-use community
- Snowboarder charged $260K in damages from collision at Keystone won’t have to pay
- Johnstown man who died at Broncos game Monday leaves behind wife, five children
- Avon police put down deer injured by hunter
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone