Vail Daily obituary: Shane Beaty, 1967-2014
March 31, 2014
Shane Beaty left us way too soon on March 8. Shane lived big and loved with his whole heart. Shane possessed a special appreciation for the outdoors — he loved ski racing, rafting and riding horses, snowmobiles and even shuttle cars. He found joy in the simple pleasures, sitting around a campfire at night, building things with his hands or just hanging out with good friends, old and new.
Shane left an indelible mark on everyone with his smile and sense of humor. He had a smile that disarmed anyone, young or old. That smile was mischievous, goofy, heartwarming but most of all genuine. He loved to laugh and make others laugh along with him. He loved a good joke and was a professional prankster. If you were the "prankee" it was impossible to hold a grudge when he threw that lopsided grin your way.
Shane was truly the life of the party. He made happiness seem effortless. He was comic relief with his buddies and always a loyal friend. He just had the uncanny ability to make people feel good with a laugh, a look, a joke or his dance moves. He could really dance, be it rock 'n' roll, country, in a group, in a line … or just for the ladies. Above all else, Shane's truest love was for his two daughters, Devon and Jordan. He was devoted to them, his heart belonged to them and they were his world. Devon and Jordan put that special sparkle in his eye, made that smile bigger and were the light of his life.
We have set up a memorial fund for his daughters to help them along through their lives. If you would like to donate, you can do so by contacting any 1st Bank branch. The fund name is The Benefit Fund for Devon and Jordan Beaty. Please join Shane's many friends and family in sharing our love and memories at the place he loved the most, Rancho by the river, Rancho Del Rio, on June 14.
For more information, please call 970-653-4431.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vai Daily obituary: Gretta Burdick Parks, Oct. 8, 1928, to March 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- ‘We’ll be racy’: Vail’s Buddy Lazier is running his 20th Indianapolis 500
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers