Vail Daily obituary: Shirley Ann Foral, 1960-2012
October 10, 2012
Shirley Ann Foral passed away peacefully Oct. 3 at Grace Healthcare Center in Glenwood Springs.
Shirley was the youngest of seven children and was born Sept. 3, 1960, to Raymond and Pauline Foral in Omaha, Neb. She moved to Gypsum in August 1963 and other than living in New Jersey and New Mexico for short periods, spent most of her life in Gypsum. She attended Eagle Valley High School and graduated in 1978 and attended Gunnison State College.
She had a big heart, was a natural artist, enjoyed cooking and baking, taking care of her plants, and being up Gypsum Creek, one of her most favorite places. She loved her children and grandchildren and they were special to her.
Shirley is survived by her mother, Pauline, of Rifle; her companion, Tim Clark, of Gypsum; her son, James Mecouch (Brittany), and two grandchildren, Avery and Dalton of Clifton; daughter Angela Brown, of Gypsum; sisters Pat Eddings (Ben), of Gypsum, Pam Mailett, of Gypsum, Vickie Foral (Elano Velez), of Gypsum, Nancy Anderson (Glenn Hammond), of Rifle; and brothers Tom Foral (Robyn) of Chadron, Neb., and Don Foral (Kellie), of Parker; and numerous nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her father, Raymond.
There will be a memorial service held for Shirley on Saturday at 3 p.m. at the Methodist Church, 138 Howard St., Eagle.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Vail Daily editorial: Proposed smartphone ban is extreme nanny-ism