Vail Daily obituary: Steven Francis Landry, 1966-2014
March 31, 2014
Surrounded by his mother, Janice Landry, Steven (Steve) Francis Landry, 47, died on March 18, after successfully battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma for 19 years. He died of graph versus host disease.
Steve grew up in Westboro, Mass., and also lived in Wallingford, Pa.; Dallas; Phoenix; and Birmingham, Ala., before moving to Edwards. He dreamed of moving to Colorado after visiting many times with his family. His beloved daughter, Taylor Landry, attends Colorado State University in Fort Collins.
Steve enjoyed living and working in the mountains, where he was a systems engineer at All Mountain Technologies in Edwards. He was a technology enthusiast and was always fixing things as a child so his last career in IT was well suited for him. One of his childhood friends remembers that Steve introduced him to his first computer.
Steve was a vital member of the All Mountain Technologies team, loved by his team members and clients alike. He was always the first into the office and the last to leave; his great personality and distinctive voice will be missed by everyone.
Before joining All Mountain Technologies, he held various positions at CB Richard Ellis, Masterpiece Living, SuperShuttle and North American Van Lines. He attended Southern Methodist University, earned a project management certification at Villanova University and graduated from Richardson High School in Texas.
When he was not working, he cherished his time with family, friends and dogs. His family and friends will remember him for his warmth, laughter, optimism, generosity, openness, strength, sense of humor and can-do attitude.
Steve is survived by his father and mother, Larry and Janice Landry, who are residents of Edwards; his loving daughter, Taylor Landry, and her mother, Stacy Landry; his older sister, Michele Landry, her husband, Brad Vollmer and their sons, Nicolas and Seth; and his younger brother, Derek Landry, and wife Michele. A memorial service will be held in Edwards in June.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests that donations in memory of Steve be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at 720 S. Colorado Blvd. Suite 500-S, Denver, CO 80246 or at http://www.lls.org.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vai Daily obituary: Gretta Burdick Parks, Oct. 8, 1928, to March 16, 2017
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl