Vail Daily obituary: Sylvia Shapiro
July 28, 2013
Sylvia Shapiro, 90 years young, of Boca Raton, Fla., and formerly longtime beloved resident of Vail, passed away on May 29.
She is survived by devoted sons Ron Shapiro and Ken and LuAnn Shapiro. Cherished grandmother of five: Jennifer, Joshua, Jeremiah, Trace and Logan. Dear brother Carl Hammer. Funeral services were held Sunday at the Boca Raton Municipal Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Sylvia's blessed memory can be made to St. Jude Children's Hospital or your local Humane Society.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Rev. John J. O’Hearne, M.D., Feb. 5, 1922, to May 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Judith Wright Dawkins celebration of life
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade