Vail Daily obituary: Thomas Elroy Moeger, 1932-2014
April 8, 2014
Thomas Elroy Moeger, 81, died at his home in Fruita on March 31.
Tom proudly served his country in the Army as a fixed-wing and chopper pilot from 1952 to 1968 receiving an honorable discharge as first lieutenant.
In 1978, Tom and his wife, Kathy, opened G&M Insurance in Eagle, which he retired from in 1999.
Survivors include his wife, Kathleen; stepsons Rocklyn (Deborah) Lamb and Nicholas Lamb, of Fruita; daughter Kathleen Ann, of Minnesota; daughter-in-law Susie Moeger, of Ohio; sister Margie (Gene) Bouley, of Minnesota; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his parents, sister Beverly Poole, son Timothy and grandson Dustin Lamb.
Military services will be held at 3 p.m. on Monday at the Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Grand Junction.
Contributions may be made to the Thomas Moeger Memorial Fund for his great-grandchildren at any Wells Fargo Bank.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan