Vail Daily obituary: Thomas Elroy Moeger, 1932-2014
April 8, 2014
Thomas Elroy Moeger, 81, died at his home in Fruita on March 31.
Tom proudly served his country in the Army as a fixed-wing and chopper pilot from 1952 to 1968 receiving an honorable discharge as first lieutenant.
In 1978, Tom and his wife, Kathy, opened G&M Insurance in Eagle, which he retired from in 1999.
Survivors include his wife, Kathleen; stepsons Rocklyn (Deborah) Lamb and Nicholas Lamb, of Fruita; daughter Kathleen Ann, of Minnesota; daughter-in-law Susie Moeger, of Ohio; sister Margie (Gene) Bouley, of Minnesota; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his parents, sister Beverly Poole, son Timothy and grandson Dustin Lamb.
Military services will be held at 3 p.m. on Monday at the Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Grand Junction.
Contributions may be made to the Thomas Moeger Memorial Fund for his great-grandchildren at any Wells Fargo Bank.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vai Daily obituary: Gretta Burdick Parks, Oct. 8, 1928, to March 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- ‘We’ll be racy’: Vail’s Buddy Lazier is running his 20th Indianapolis 500
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers