Vail Daily obituary: Walter Juergen Klaus, 1941-2012
December 4, 2012
Walter Juergen Klaus, 70, of Surprise, Ariz., passed away suddenly on Nov. 22.
He was born on Dec. 23, 1941, in Berlin, Germany, to Werner and Gertrud Klaus. Walter loved the outdoors, exploring and living in the high mountains of Colorado. Walter was very patriotic; he served his country honorably in the United States Army. He will be deeply missed and forever loved by his family.
Walter is survived by his beloved wife Angelika M. Klaus; loving daughter Barbara A. Pratt; two loving grandsons Matthew T. and Meghan Klaus and Michael J. Pratt; one loving great-grandson Matthan Ace Klaus.
A memorial open house will be held Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. with the service beginning at 11 a.m. at the Klaus Family Home, 623-544-8608. Please visit Walter’s online memorial, http://www.surprisefuneralcare.com. Arrangements are entrusted to Surprise Funeral Care, Surprise, Ariz., 623-546-8002.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort