Vail Daily obituary: Walter Juergen Klaus, 1941-2012
December 4, 2012
Walter Juergen Klaus, 70, of Surprise, Ariz., passed away suddenly on Nov. 22.
He was born on Dec. 23, 1941, in Berlin, Germany, to Werner and Gertrud Klaus. Walter loved the outdoors, exploring and living in the high mountains of Colorado. Walter was very patriotic; he served his country honorably in the United States Army. He will be deeply missed and forever loved by his family.
Walter is survived by his beloved wife Angelika M. Klaus; loving daughter Barbara A. Pratt; two loving grandsons Matthew T. and Meghan Klaus and Michael J. Pratt; one loving great-grandson Matthan Ace Klaus.
A memorial open house will be held Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. with the service beginning at 11 a.m. at the Klaus Family Home, 623-544-8608. Please visit Walter’s online memorial, http://www.surprisefuneralcare.com. Arrangements are entrusted to Surprise Funeral Care, Surprise, Ariz., 623-546-8002.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Town of Eagle parts ways with former manager John Schneiger after one year
- ‘Poop patrol’ aims to fix park waste issue
- Occupants escape car after it goes into Crystal River near Carbondale