Vail Daily obituary: Walter Juergen Klaus, 1941-2012
December 4, 2012
Walter Juergen Klaus, 70, of Surprise, Ariz., passed away suddenly on Nov. 22.
He was born on Dec. 23, 1941, in Berlin, Germany, to Werner and Gertrud Klaus. Walter loved the outdoors, exploring and living in the high mountains of Colorado. Walter was very patriotic; he served his country honorably in the United States Army. He will be deeply missed and forever loved by his family.
Walter is survived by his beloved wife Angelika M. Klaus; loving daughter Barbara A. Pratt; two loving grandsons Matthew T. and Meghan Klaus and Michael J. Pratt; one loving great-grandson Matthan Ace Klaus.
A memorial open house will be held Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. with the service beginning at 11 a.m. at the Klaus Family Home, 623-544-8608. Please visit Walter’s online memorial, http://www.surprisefuneralcare.com. Arrangements are entrusted to Surprise Funeral Care, Surprise, Ariz., 623-546-8002.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership