Vail Daily obituary: Wilma Maxine Hansen, 1926-2013
January 15, 2013
Wilma Maxine Hansen (Matthews) died quietly in her sleep during the early morning hours of Jan. 6.
She is survived by her three siblings, Jean Stene, of Littleton, Patricia Dragisich, of Manhattan, Kan., and Bill Matthews, of Canon City, and their families. She is also survived by three of her sons, Phillip Kirby, of Eagle, Joseph Kirby, of Sedalia, and Kirk Kirby, of Henderson, and their families. She was preceded in death by her parents, William and Martha Matthews, her oldest son, Douglas Kirby, and one great-grandson, Jourdan Wall. Maxine had 12 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren. She loved God, her family, music and art. She will be deeply missed.
A memorial service has been planned for Friday at 11 a.m. The service will be held at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Quincy Ward, 9227 W. Dartmouth Place in Lakewood, with a luncheon to follow.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail hotel/apartment proposal may earn final approval