Vail Daily obituary: Wilma Medina, 1951-2014
July 20, 2014
Wilma Medina, 63, of Pueblo, passed away Thursday in Grand Junction at St. Mary's Hospital with family by her side.
Wilma was born in Pueblo to Eloy and Martha Medina. She was survived by her three children, Andy (Elvia) Medina, Corrina (Juan) Jimenez and Veronica (Luis) Duran; her father, Eloy Medina; two sisters, LuAnn Varela and Berta Pacheco; two brothers, Larry and John Medina; eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren with one on the way.
She was well known and respected throughout the valley for her "random acts of kindness" and many "senseless acts of beauty." She was a longtime resident of the Vail Valley until retiring to Battlement Mesa. She had been known as "Low Rider G" and to her closest friends (The Rascals) she'll be remembered as "Spanky." She was a loving mother, grandmother, daughter, sister and aunt, and she was a great friend to all.
A rosary will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Rifle Funeral Home. Funeral service will be held at 3 p.m. Wednesday at the St. Mary's Catholic Church. If you would like to send flowers, please send to the Rifle Funeral Home.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail hotel/apartment proposal may earn final approval