Vail Daily obituary: Wilma Medina, 1951-2014
July 20, 2014
Wilma Medina, 63, of Pueblo, passed away Thursday in Grand Junction at St. Mary's Hospital with family by her side.
Wilma was born in Pueblo to Eloy and Martha Medina. She was survived by her three children, Andy (Elvia) Medina, Corrina (Juan) Jimenez and Veronica (Luis) Duran; her father, Eloy Medina; two sisters, LuAnn Varela and Berta Pacheco; two brothers, Larry and John Medina; eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren with one on the way.
She was well known and respected throughout the valley for her "random acts of kindness" and many "senseless acts of beauty." She was a longtime resident of the Vail Valley until retiring to Battlement Mesa. She had been known as "Low Rider G" and to her closest friends (The Rascals) she'll be remembered as "Spanky." She was a loving mother, grandmother, daughter, sister and aunt, and she was a great friend to all.
A rosary will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Rifle Funeral Home. Funeral service will be held at 3 p.m. Wednesday at the St. Mary's Catholic Church. If you would like to send flowers, please send to the Rifle Funeral Home.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: Celebrate Alan Brock Friday, Sept. 22, in Grand Junction
- Obituary: The life of the one and only Kurt Keltner
- Obituary: Michael ‘Mike’ D. Lujan, Aug. 20 1958 – Sept. 6, 2017
- Obituary: Perfecto C. Rivera, March 28, 1931, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Obituary: Elisa A. Haskins, Feb. 23, 1963, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K
- Eagle bike/motorcycle accident detailed in Crime Stoppers alert resolved
- Letter: No luck with customer service at USPS in Vail