On the Hill: 1 foot new snow at Vail
March 20, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the powder off the trees on Vail Mountain’s many catwalks.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 6 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 14 inches in the last week
Weather: Very sunny but cold enough on top to keep the new powder soft
Liftline status: Pretty busy today.
Breakdown: While Vail was only expected to get 4-6 inches from the recent storm, we got a whole foot, despite a lot of sun on Wednesday it’s still soft and nice.
Snowcast: Expect more light snow on the way for Friday night, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Tourists continue visiting ER for marijuana use
- Presidential plane crew spends some time training at the Eagle County airport
- VIDEO: Police misconduct investigation opened after footage of Leadville arrest surfaces
- Hunters find wallet lost in 1980 near De Beque, looking for owner
- Snowpack tells strange story of area’s winter