On the Hill: 23" in 24 hours at the Beav’
January 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through the trees of Gold Dust at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
Beaver Creek official report: 23″ in last 24 hours, 10″ overnight, 28″ in last 48 hours, 30″ in last seven days
Liftline status: The crowds are here, and with school being canceled for the first time in years, so are the kids.
Breakdown: It snowed all day Thursday, and Friday is shaping up to bring even more powder. The snow is wet and heavy, but there’s a lot of it.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts up to 4 inches Friday and 1-3 inches Friday night with a 40 percent chance of snow Saturday. The winter storm warning is in effect until 5 a.m. Saturday morning.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade