On the Hill: 3" of fresh at Beaver Creek
March 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Cresta at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 3 inches overnight, 17 inches in last week
Weather: Mostly cloudy
Liftline status: Not too busy
Breakdown: The snow is a mixture of 3 inches of fresh slush on top of groomers. It’s sticky, too, so get a good wax on there and stay going downhill.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a 50 percent chance of snow Monday night and Tuesday, with less than an inch of accumulation expected.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges