On the Hill: 3" of fresh at Beaver Creek
March 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Cresta at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 3 inches overnight, 17 inches in last week
Weather: Mostly cloudy
Liftline status: Not too busy
Breakdown: The snow is a mixture of 3 inches of fresh slush on top of groomers. It’s sticky, too, so get a good wax on there and stay going downhill.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a 50 percent chance of snow Monday night and Tuesday, with less than an inch of accumulation expected.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail