On the Hill: A few inches of fresh at Vail
January 28, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding on a few inches of fresh snow on Gandy Dancer at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours; 0 inches in last week
Vail Daily field report: There was 3-4 inches of fresh in places this morning
Weather: Very cold and sunny
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Run of the day: The runs that face east seem to have received the brunt of the wind loading that occured during yesterday’s storm.
Breakdown: Vail didn’t report any new snow this morning, but there’s a few inches of fresh covering most of the mountain. It was windy yesterday evening as the snow was falling, perhaps the wind took the snow away from Vail’s measuring stick and into other areas. East-facing slopes like Gandy Dancer had a decent amount of fresh this morning.
Snowcast: Forecasters are saying we should receive a foot or more Wednesday through Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor