On the Hill: Another 4" at Beaver Creek
February 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down trees near Harrier at Beaver Creek.
Ross Leonhart uses a GoPro Hero2 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 4″ overnight, 5″ in last 24 hours, 7″ in last 48 hours and 17″ in last week.
Weather: The snow is falling and there is low visibility in spots.
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: It’s a great powder day at the Beav’ with 4 fresh inches of this wet, moist snow. The temperatures are near 32, so the snow is wet and tough to move on. Anything steep is good for today.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts 1-3 inches Monday, with snow in the forecast every day this week except Tuesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended