On the Hill: Another 4" at Beaver Creek
February 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down trees near Harrier at Beaver Creek.
Ross Leonhart uses a GoPro Hero2 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 4″ overnight, 5″ in last 24 hours, 7″ in last 48 hours and 17″ in last week.
Weather: The snow is falling and there is low visibility in spots.
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: It’s a great powder day at the Beav’ with 4 fresh inches of this wet, moist snow. The temperatures are near 32, so the snow is wet and tough to move on. Anything steep is good for today.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts 1-3 inches Monday, with snow in the forecast every day this week except Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations