On the Hill: Another 5 inches at Vail
Ryan Summerlin January 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Dragons Teeth in Vail
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 5 inches new snow overnight, 18 inches in last week
Weather: Cloudy in the morning but giving way to sun, snowing slightly
Liftline status: Lines were growing as the morning progressed
Run of the day: Dragons Teeth was fantastic
Breakdown: Vail added five more inches overnight to it’s already above average season total, the whole mountain is running great with even the bigger rocks starting to get covered, making it a great day to try some cliffs, if you dare.
Snowcast: The National Weather service says the snow should continue all week.
Trending In: On The Hill
- The big surprise: Bride says ‘I will’ and ‘I do’ on same day atop Vail Mountain
- Vail Valley Foundation names new board chair
- Sophisticated scammers try to swindle local businesses
- Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week makes offseason eats affordable with $20.16 price points
- Avon Town Council denies sales tax rebate