On the Hill: Another powder day at the Beav’
January 13, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through powder around Cinch at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 8″ in last 24 hours, 22″ in last seven days
Vail Daily field report: There’s a few inches of fresh snow on the ground, and more is accumulating
Weather: Snowing, windy and cold
Liftline status: Not too busy
Breakdown: Beaver Creek is in the midst of another powder day, as snow was falling early Monday morning. The snow is continuing to fall and it’s cold with some gusts of wind.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts snow Monday and a 30 percent chance Monday night. It is also forecasting a 20 percent chance of snow Tuesday before 3 p.m.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy Class of 2017 is Overachiever U
- The year is complete and RPI is officially a mess