On the Hill: Another powder day at Vail
March 28, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Safari at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 6 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 17 inches in the last week
Weather: It was cold this morning but it will likely warm up if the sun continues to poke through the clouds
Liftline status: Heavy lines at Eagle Bahn Gondola but no wait at Chair 8
Breakdown: Vail reported another 5 inches of snow falling after the lifts closed yesterday, it’s wet snow near the bottom, fluffier at the top in the trees. When that wet snow gets packed down on the bottom, look out. It becomes icy and hard to ride at slower speeds and in flat spots.
Snowcast: The next storm will hit Sunday night with snow showers in the afternoon and the heaviest snow falling after lifts close on Sunday night, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body