On the Hill: Awesome conditions at Vail
March 1, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Dragon’s Teeth on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 2 inches new snow overnight, 7 inches in last week
Vail Daily field report: It snowed a decent amount after Vail gave their 5 a.m. measurement, felt like 4-6 inches by 10 a.m.
Weather: Cloudy, snowing slightly
Breakdown: From the top of the mountain to the bottom, conditions change quite a bit, starting with nice fluff at the top and ending with icy hardpack at the bottom. In between is the heavy chop, which you have to be strong to power through. Conditions today are fun, but not for the faint of heart.
Snowcast: The snow will continue through Sunday night, NOAA is reporting.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks