On the Hill: Beautiful day at Vail
February 17, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the run called “38” on Vail Mountain
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 6 inches in last week
Weather: Very sunny
Liftline status: It’s pretty crowded today.
Breakdown: Being a calendar holiday, as well as the first sunny day we’ve seen in a while, the crowds are out. And for good reason – Vail is boasting a 63-inch base so anywhere you want to go on the mountain will be skiing nicely.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says we’re supposed to get snow on Wednesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock