On the Hill: Beautiful day at Vail
April 18, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Lindsey’s at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 10 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 66-inch mid mountain base, 317 inches total this season
Liftline status: Not bad
Breakdown: There’s a great base at Vail, leaving tons of slushy snow on the mountain for closing weekend. But your wax can mean the difference between fun and frustration, make sure you have plenty of the warm weather stuff slathered on before you get out to the hill.
Snowcast: Expecthigh elevation snow showers on Saturday, mostly above 10,000 feet, with a few more showers popping up again on Sunday, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Steamboat Springs man dies after bicycle crash near Yampa River Core Trail